Thursday, October 20, 2005

Don't Know How I Missed This One?

But then it's late and I'm tired. And it seems so strange/bizarre/comical. That I'm having a hard time placing it the realm of reality. Via Gateway Pundit.

'Over lunch at White House, Bono lobbies Bush'
Associated Press
10/20/2005

WASHINGTON - Before going onstage in a Wednesday night concert, U2 lead singer Bono lobbied President Bush ..... The rock star and the president had lunch in the private dining room off the Oval Office ..... Bush .... also gave Bono .... a tour of the Oval Office.

Bono told Rolling Stone magazine in an interview before they dined that he was not intimidated to meet Bush or any other leader.

"They should be afraid, because they will be held accountable for what happened on their watch," Bono told the magazine for an article on newsstands Friday. "I'm representing the poorest and the most vulnerable people. On a spiritual level, I have that with me. I'm throwing a punch, and the fist belongs to people who can't be in the room, whose rage, whose anger, whose hurt I represent.

"The moral force is way beyond mine, it's an argument that has much more weight than I have. So I'm not feeling nervous." Bono said he is "capable of having a row" if he does not get what he wants. "I'm a big-mouthed Irish rock star. Of course it frustrates me."

No comment required .... wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Know what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home