Friday, October 21, 2005

Waiter, waiter, percolator!

I love coffee, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me
Coffee and tea and the jivinU and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!

Oh, slip me a slug from the wonderful mug
And I cut a rug till IUm snug in a jug
A slice of onion and a raw one, draw one.
Waiter, waiter, percolator!

Ink Spots ..... Java Jive


Yeah, I like a good cup, and since I've been off the cancer sticks for nearly two months now. I've ended up bumping up my caffeine, from 2-3 half cups a day, to 5-6. My favorite means is a small aluminum percolator (exactly five minutes, very low gas flame). Course, haven't done it that way for the last five years, using the Melitta 102 ceramic filter holder instead (a number four paper filter, instead of the specified number two, makes less splash).

For the last week? I been doing it different. Mug, water, and coffee stirred in. Covered with plastic wrap (rubber band circlip, vent hole in plastic). Nuked [maybe 10-20 seconds less than the water alone. Frantically bubbles much earlier than just the water alone (leave room for the coffee to 'rise')]

Pour the sludge into the naked filter. Drink. Say aaaahh (or say ummm?). Certainly not as linear, convenient, or as neat (for you OCD types). But worth a try. I measure half as much ground coffee per cup, as I did before.

2 Comments:

Blogger slickdpdx said...

Here from the DANE. Does that really work? Maybe I'll try it.

1:57 PM  
Blogger AnechoicRoom said...

Yeah, don't ask me why I thought of it. Wasn't like I was looking at the mug, water, and can of coffee. And trying to reinvent anything, or get fancy.

It just popped into my head one morning last week, as I was prepping a cup. Had the whole week to sample, test, eval. Without the plastic cover (with poked vent hole), there will be plenty of tiny mist/splatter inside the microwave. From the frothy bubbling, which begins to occcur some twenty -thirty seconds before the water only would bubble/boil.

Me, I'm a lever kind of guy. Once the lever is in one position, it tends to stay there. Now it is stuck on this.

Thanks for the visit and comment Slick, Elmo.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home