Monday, October 31, 2005

I B*tch, Whine and Moan. Therefore I am.

NEW YORK (AFP) - The right of New York City to conduct random bag searches on the subway is on trial...."We have no objection to reasonable searches," said Christopher Dunn, lead counsel for the New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) which filed the lawsuit ....

Apart from some grumbles, there has been little public outcry over the policy.

The NYCLU, however, dismisses the deterrent argument, highlighting the fact that advance notice is given of searches and people selected to be searched are allowed to walk away [sounds pretty fookin unreasonable to me, Elmo]
....................................................................................
Apart from making some who might be carrying contraband, feel just that much more edgy? I don't see this as some leaden societal imbalance. Anyone ride the subway lately? I did a couple months back, here in Los Angeles. After London. Man did I feel naked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home