Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Call me paranoid ..... call me reactionary. But if Kofi has anything to do with this, I am scared.

..
Maybe I'm projecting. But I see a hearts and minds global implication to this. Sure, hippie dippie flower children believe they are teaching the world to sing. Others however won't be learning lyrics and melodies online. The future just got a little more interesting. And the juxtaposition of his words/message actually gives me the chills .

MESSAGE FROM KOFI ANNAN, UNITED NATIONS SECRETARY-GENERAL

We are going through a historic transformation ..... Technology has produced the information age. Now it is up to all of us to build an Information Society.

This Summit is unique. While most global conferences focus on global threats, WSIS will consider how best to use a new global asset.

Information and communication technologies ..... can improve the lives of everyone on this planet. We have tools that can ..... advance the cause of freedom and democrac
y

http://www.itu.int/wsis/messages/annan.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home