Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It Was Only a Dream/I Cannot Tell a Lie

Woke up out of a dream last night that was beyond all description. Fantastic. A breathtaking realm that actually had me gasping upon waking. And moved me to furiously scribble its gestalt before the moment was lost. Disbelieving that a dream could be so rich, vibrant, and fantasial, it was a relief to awaken. And had me questioning if in fact someone had slipped some blotter in my bedside glass of water.

What was this dream Dear Elmo? I can't say. Not that its content was salacious or such. Just that it would seem criminal not to take it as the launching point for something much greater in length. 'Cannot tell a lie' ...... well discretion is the better part of valor. I do question how much of myself I want to share here in a public forum, and yet I don't want to engage in deceit. So I cannot tell a lie. Last night I had a dream. Standing on the patio, stealing a smoke, staring up at the heavens and the fading starlight as day approached. I was in awe ..... and hearing strains of John/Taupin in my head:

I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I'm growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life .......



Was going through my referrer's log this a.m., and am impressed at the depth of searches which lead persons here. Giving me a feeling of having arrived as a blogger. Even without getting any hits from Mountain View. Yes, living Google free is not only possible. It is entirely practical as well. Here being an interesting hit that I have yet to explore. Plenty of news to get chomping on the bit this morn. And I may yet blog about some of it? Or not.

Of course went to the Rose Bowl, for fireworks yesterday. Second to last performance of the Pasadena Pops Orchestra, before the aerial display began. Was a vocalist doing Amazing Grace in tribute to our service personnel. Tens of thousands of people standing and singing.

How I love this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home