Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What a Difference a Day (or two) Makes

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I didn't watch MSNBC on Monday, the day after I sent a torpedo midships below their waterline. Just couldn't bring myself to do it. But I did find myself open minded to the possibility on Tuesday. And was quite surprised to see a one hundred eighty degree about face. Where unbelievable amateurism was running amuck at the director's console and producer's desk on Sunday. Tuesday evening, it was as if they were pandering, just to me.

Rita Cosby was at the helm, and obvious effort was being made to show the Israeli POV sympathetically. Even Brian Williams was up in a helo over Lebanon, for a looksie at murder's unclothed birth place. I can account for the difference/s in a number of ways. All speculative. But ultimately what was seen on Sunday was an embarassment, however temporal.

There are no magic gates one passes through, entering a building that houses a television studio. No secret handshake or password required to be on air talent. I know, having done it one or twice more than thirty years ago. For a quite minor L.A. station, on an even more minor, weekly feature news program. I also filmed/edited a story or two (pizza eating contest, and Wednesday Cruise Night/Van Nuys Blvd.). The gatekeepers there were grizzled old newspaper and TV veterans. Who knew their jobs. I was never privy to their politics. It was something I never even thought of or considered.

I've been blessed to be exposed to a truly wide array of learning experiences in this life. Benefitting from the largesse and skill of others. While I never pursued a career in Hollyweird, I certainly did have an interest early on in film. And quite rather enjoyed assembling snippets of film into a continuum. I don't much care to know the motiviation of others in their pursuit of media careers. But I won't sit still for being subjected to their personal politics in/on a non opinion/editorial show/broadcast. That's what a blog is for.

It's possible in the space of two days, a tectonic shift has occured in coverage by the domestics. Accepting their innability to change/alter the perception of Israel/Lebanon. Or maybe even understanding it is not their place to do so. Or perhaps ..... not wanting to be on the 'wrong' side. Events happen. They unfold. Where one used to know news was considered neutral. I'm no longer sure those now in, and coming to the business of news, do.

Ever vigilant I shall be. Holding on to a world gone by. A time passed. When right was right, and wrong was wrong. And murderers were rancid viscous scum. Not insurgents, militants, members of a charitable social order, expressants of their own personal religious freedom, oppressed, or victims. I know of nothing in this life more despicable and vile than murder. It rocks the very foundation of my soul. It disturbs the last vestiges of calm I have known.

I wish that it were gone from our world. That it ever will be is another matter. But attempting to change the perception of reality, mask it, or deflect it whole. Will not change it.

TTFN (That's the Foogin News) .....


8:45 a.m.


And now for something completely different

Nude man beats car with pigeon

SUFFOLK, Va., July 18 (UPI) -- Two Whaleyville, Va., residents were stunned when a naked man accosted their car in their driveway and began hitting it with their pet pigeon.

The couple had just pulled into their driveway Friday night when Juan Lopez, 30, of Virginia Beach, appeared naked and began striking their car with the bird, the Virginian Pilot reported Tuesday. They fled to a neighbor's house and called police. A Suffolk, Va., police spokeswoman told the newspaper Lopez was "obviously having some sort of issues that night."



2:15 p.m.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




4:40 p.m.

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
Picked up a shovel and I walked to the mine
I hauled Sixteen Tons of number 9 coal
And the straw-boss said, "Well, bless my soul"

(Chorus:)

You haul Sixteen Tons, whadaya get?
Another older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

Repeat Chorus

Born one morning it was drizzle and rain
Fightin' and Trouble are my middle name
I was raised in a canebrake by an old mama lion
And no high-toned woman make me walk the line

Repeat Chorus

See me comin' better step aside
A lot of men didn't and a lot of men died
I got one fist of iron and the other of steel
And if the right one don't get ya, the left one will

Sixteen tons? Twenty three tons? What's the f*cking difference ...... just squish those stanky bugs already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home