Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Rejected Pajamas Media logos and graphics.

Who knows what they had before the magic turlit swirl? How long did that one last .... five days? Ten? The bathrobe, what was that, four days? I'd like to think the new one will be five days max, by far the least imaginative of all. And I think we can agree that's saying a whole bunch. But I have a bad feeling this time. And you know when I saw it, I didn't even laugh. I was dumbstruck. How hard is it to pick a logo that is representative of a pair of pajamas? Maybe Einstein had it easier? WTFDIK? YMMV .... blah, blah, blah.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Casual, elegant, yet decisive. Don't know why this one didn't make the final cut?



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sure, a little braggardly and swaggardly (but maybe that's what they need?).



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know what you're thinking ... where's the individuality. Well, it wouldn't have been my first pick either. So, I'll agree with Pajamas Media on this one.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some of the women bloggers weren't too keen on this selection?



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Still a possibility (and Tony Pierce's first choice too).



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yep, a little stern perhaps. But still flamboyant compared to the current.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well now .... tray chee chee. Ew lah lah. Take a chance .... oh well, risk takers they not be.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ground control to Major Tom.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Take your protein pill and put your helmet on.


Ground control to Major Tom:
Your circuit's dead, there's something wong.
Can you hear me Major Tom?



Yes, it's true. I've been experiencing some Pajamas Media withdrawal symptoms. An inability to focus, not being able to select a blog topic. My life seemingly empty and hopeless. And I haven't always been able to score at my usual spots. Yeah, the nausea and shakes aren't pretty, but ...... I did manage to score a little bag . What the hey, I'll share. "Open Source Media. Your attempts at irreverence have been painful to watch - you can't fake sassy."


Open Trackback

basil's blog, Breakfast 12-07-2005/Dessert
http://basilsblog.net/archives/2005/12/breakfast-12-07-2005/

2 Comments:

Blogger Basil said...

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

3:53 PM  
Blogger AnechoicRoom said...

PJM Death Pool posted a letter from PJ's ad exec (?). Quoting fifteen million pages views per month.

Kinda scary really. It shows people are too lazy to explore the reaches of the web. And new, different, or innovative means doodley squat in the blogosphere.

Inertia and entrenchment, slow motion and reverse.

Merry Christmas Basil.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home