Sunday, November 27, 2005

Since Alarming News' "Ann Althouse has problems" post was (temporarily) not open to comments.

[Karol's last comments to me:]

Elmo, Jeff has commented on my site before but I do believe this is your first visit. Are you technorati-ing PJM? At least Jeff has a reason to defend himself and PJM, you seem to be just one more person wanting to take shots at PJM.
Posted by Karol at November 27, 2005 01:48 PM


(Yes it's possible the comments thread at Alarming News is only closed temporarily?. For whatever reason, my last comment in the thread, did not, and has not posted).

Anyone with ANY familiarity with recent events would know, how many dust clouds have been kicked up by one Jeff G. chasing around the sphere at warp speed. So Karol, you might want to pin that moniker/badge on some one else methinks (Technorati Ho). There isn't a thread too small for him to pop up in and slime Ann.

My unpublished (but saved) earlier response:

I'd ask the same thing of you Karol, that I would ask of Jeff G.. Opinion on Roger/Pajamas Media treatment of Kenton Kelly.

And, since you have already questioned my intentions here, I'll take that as a disinvite to further participation.

It would seem Karol (nothing personal), that you have little background on the entirety of the field that is the history of OSM/Pajamas Media/Kenton Kelly/Althouse discussion. But, that hasn't stopped you from defending those who stoop to slime.

And .... like too many, are engaged in a simple blind, personal defense. Like I said, nothing personal. Taken as a whole, the behavior of Roger and OSM, and that of those who ignored it. Then attacked those who would question it. Is simply a disgrace that will not pass.

Addendum: 5:06 p.m.

Hog on Ice ..... as always, does a triple Lutz-triple toeloop with:
Pajamas Media Celebrates Mini-Anniversary

Addendum; 7:05 p.m.
Karol from Alarming News came by (in comments), and says that her comments/posting are fine now (though I had zero problem posting my first comment, in the same time frame as the second). I'll ammend the above banner from: "Since 'Alarming News' has closed their 'Ann Althouse has problems' post to comments." And change it to something which extends the benefit of the doubt. It will now read: Since Alarming News' "Ann Althouse has problems" post was (temporarily) not open to comments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karol said...

I didn't close the comments. And everyone is always welcome to comment on my site. I've banned like 2 people in my 3+ years of blogging and they were way over the line. My commenting software is messed up and holds some comments for approval. Your comment is up now.

6:02 PM  
Blogger AnechoicRoom said...

Fair enough Karol, however my sentiment still stands. Regards my motives.

I saw them tear Steven Den Beste apart. Questioning his. Which I found unnerving and unseemly. Mine has already been called into question by you (not that I would ever compare myself to SDB). I respectfully decline. Perhaps you've missed the repeated broomstick handle remark, regarding Ann Althouse? In multiple threads. And no, it isn't a flying reference.

This story has had a very l o n g history. And it is comprised of many elements. Six months of quite serious blogging by a fair number of individuals. My interest, as it always has been, simply, is the truth.

Elmo.

6:30 PM  
Blogger David N. Scott said...

Yeah, a lot of people are mad at OSM, even tho some of us with ADD are getting bored about blogging on it. LOL.

10:28 PM  
Blogger AnechoicRoom said...

It will truly be a sad day in Schadenfrodo's house, when the grim reaper comes, and closes down the show that is 'The Dead Horse Opera.'

He was a good horse, a fine horse (as dead horses go). He will be missed (sniff, sniff).

And some, like me, will have to get on with their lives. And blog about serious sh*t and stuff like that. Tell me that won't be a mudderhubbard?

So, join us now in wishing our enroute to the glue factory friend, farewell .... So long old paint, we hardly knew ye.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home