Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Mommie I'm scared.

Joey Boy and Clapp apologized at a news conference to “all Muslims” for producing the song.

Thai Muslims angered by Quran-quoting rap

CDs recalled after complaints that Joey Boy's songs insult their faith.

The song, “Maya,” was released in 1998 on a Joey Boy CD called “Bangkok Boy” and appeared again on the 2005 compilation “The Conclusive Collection.”
Sony BMG Music Entertainment Thailand has recalled both CDs, and they will probably be destroyed, said Saharat Vanchompoo, the Sony marketing director.

“I did not intend to insult the Quran in any way,” said Joey Boy. “If I knew that there was an insulting sound or element in my song, Suki and I would not have created it.” The rapper, the songwriter, and Sony BMG’s Saharat said they have requested a meeting as soon as possible with Thailand’s top Muslim leader to formally apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home